December 09, 2010

Lily: 7 Months

Little Lily is seven months now! In the past month, she's popped out her two bottom front teeth, she can roll back and forth, she's sitting fairly solidly on her own, and she's vocalizing! Lots of little babbles, blowing bubbles and screams across the room for a 'hellooooo I'm here, a little attention please'. It's the cutest thing, she'd scream, I'd look over, give her a big smile and I'd get the biggest smile back! So awesome.

Overall, she's still a very cool, calm and collected little baby... and such a social body! She loves to catch your eyes for a smile back and very interested in what people are doing, especially Nora. One of the girl's favourite thing to do right now is hang out on Nora's bed and roll back and forth, squealing and screaming in happiness! It's so cute watching them entertain each other. Lily is also starting to mimic us... she'll tilt her head and smile when we tilt our head, smile and say hi. It's SO sweet.

We've also been fairly successful with putting her on the potty and catching the #2's! Yay for mommy and daddy. As with the mimic'ing... we've noticed that if we scrunch our face and do the 'poo' sign, it helps to speed the process :)

The other day, I put both of them in the bath together... lots of fun, especially afterward, bundling the two in the bed, such sweeties! Lily's first bath in the big tub! heh heh, 2nd kid... it took us 14 months before we thought Nora was ready for the big tub :).

So, it's all been good... busy but good. Life with the two is definitely crazy at times, coordinating between the two and getting them up and out the door... thank goodness for Lily's flexible and easy going nature! I'll enjoy this phase before she has her say on what to do and when :)

No comments: