November 24, 2010

Nora: 32 months

Here's Nora's 32 month update from her perspective, if she could write, that is. A day in the life of Nora...

"I helped daddy make breakfast today. I always get the blueberries from the freezer and then while he gets everything else ready, I love to chomp chomp the blueberries... usually I finish up my breakfast even before dad's done making it. I'm such a crazy girl.

Today, Gong Gong came over to play with me and Lily. It was all going fine until mommy told me she was going out for lunch with her friends from work, taking Lily with her. I told her I wanted to go but she said I should stay since Gong Gong came to play with me and that my cousin, Megan was coming in the afternoon to play. I really really wanted to go with mom... no fair, why did she leave me at home? I love hanging out with mom, I want to go wherever she goes, so it's always so hard when she goes off to places and leaves me by myself. But once mom left, I was able to calm down and have fun with Gong Gong. By the time mom came back from lunch, I had forgotten all about her leaving, so I ran over to give her a big hug hello! She thanked me for letting her go to lunch, so I responded, "No problem!" :)

Then it was time to take Lil to the doctor. I have been really looking forward to it... we always practice being doctor, so this time I got to see it all in person. It was pretty cool when mommy put Lily in the scale to weigh her and then watching the doctor pick up the stethoscope listening to Lil's heartbeat, and checking her ears and eyes... it's just like how mommy and I do it at home! The doctor then said that we all had to get our flu shots! I watched mom and dad go first, then it was my turn. I did very well! I didn't even cry, it did hurt but I had to be strong... for Lily :). When Lily cried with her first shot, I told her not to worry, so I calmed her by singing, 'Twinkle Twinkle'... it's her favourite song.


Daddy's been working lots lately, so it was just mommy and me for bedtime tonight. I really enjoy bedtime... now that I am able to read the letters of the alphabet, I just LOVE reading our bedtime books. The best part is reading and saying each letter, especially my 'Moo Baa La La La' book... it makes bedtime routine a bit longer, but it's just so much fun! There are words everywhere... I love picking out all the letters I know :)

Ok, good night... see you in the morning when I wake up. Don't forget to tape a new Bo and Dora, or what about Super Why, will that be a new one too? Good night, I love you!"

(It's cute how they both entertain each other in their own ways)

1 comment:

Auntie Neesja said...

That was incredibly adorable! What an amazing momma you are. So in tune with your babas! Love you all. XO