March 19, 2008

A Productive Mat Leave So Far!

So this mat leave thing has been quite productive so far! I'm so glad that I made it to my last day of work. It was quite sad leaving on Friday... to think I'll only be going back in a year's time. Quite hard to believe. Then came Monday and it was just so nice to get a lot of things off my checklist before baby arrives!

I've managed to complete and file my taxes, print off my pictures from 2007 for an album, buy storage bins to organize our stuff, coordinate someone to come in an clean our apartment and get our car in for a much needed service!

Baby-wise, I think we're ready! Or as ready as I think we'll be, in theory. A lot of it has to be with going through it, experiencing and living it... all of which I have no idea what it'll be like... but we're prepared. We've got support from our family and friends, a doctor's office close by, the grocery store downstairs and plenty of restaurants for take out!

Soon soon, I'll have my whole 'to-do' list done and it'll just be 'deliver baby'! :)

No comments: