A Birth Day Celebration!
There's a reason for my absence... my most amazing journey of bringing our baby girl into this world! First of all, everyone... meet Nora Kate Brown-John, born on Easter Monday, March 24th. Nora was a superstar throughout the labour and was born a healthy weight of 6lbs 9oz with 10 fingers and 10 toes! :)
My first set of contractions started around 1:30am on the Monday morning (after an awesome Easter Sunday dinner with the family that included a yummy apple crumble!). It didn't dawn on us that 'this could be it!' until around 2:30am when things were really progressing. Wow... really... this IS it, we're having the baby today! And, yup.. without ALL the finer details, after an 11 hour journey of good, progressive, emotional, overwhelming and natural labour... we finally got to meet our precious little Nora at 12:26pm that day! Amazing.
She was put on my chest right away for a little mommy-baby bonding and then after a quick check from the paediatrician to make sure all's good, she was back on the chest, wriggling and moving slowly toward the boob... she found it herself... isn't that amazing, so before you know it...there I was... breastfeeding our baby. Awesome.
But all wasn't truly perfect... unfortunately, I'd developed a hematoma that needed to be surgically removed so, after a couple of hours with Trav, Nora and my family, I had to leave for the operating room. It took quite a while b/c my surgery was always bumped for other immediate surgeries. But eventually by 7pm that night, I was reconnected with Trav and Nora. On the bright side, Trav got to spend some really awesome quality time with Nora while I was away.
What a day! I couldn't sleep that night... all I could do and wanted to do was hold her in my arms and just be mesmerized by her! Such an emotional and wonderful feeling.
So, yesterday when I celebrated my birthday, all I could do was really appreciate what my parents went through 31 years ago. I already LOVE birthdays but this is definitely one reason why you should always celebrate one way or the other... it truly is a special event!
3 comments:
Awww, we're soooooo happy for you guys. We cannot wait to meet Nora. What an amazing journey. Your blog brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy every momment!
Congratulations you guys. We are so happy for you both. She is absolutely beautiful. Enjoy every moment, it is a special part of your life. Big hug from the Blommesteins in Revy.
Congratulations, Sharon and Travis. Nora is such a beautfiul baby. And your blog entry was very touching, Sharon. Don't blink, lest Nora will be an 18 month old toddler testing her mama beyond belief. Hahaha :-D But a joy nonetheless for sure. All our love, Kelly, Ethan and Max.
Post a Comment