Body Hurrrrrting...
The gym downstairs at work has put on a Radical Fitness Challenge this week. I think it's the 2nd time they've put this on to see who's the fittest at Radical (Mr and Ms Fitness), as well as team participation (team with the most members win prizes as well).
You are given 30 minutes to complete as many tests as you can... there are 8 different tests.
- Body Composition - measurement of skinfolds
- Endurance Testing - 1mile run on treadmill or 2km on rowing machine
- Max sit ups using a metronome for 2 minutes
- Max push ups
- Rope Climb (no legs for men, women can use legs)
- Standing Long Jump
- Sit & Reach
- 'The Beast' Obstacle course - get over high bar, farmers walk with 25lb plates (45lb for guys) and then drag three sandbags across the room (varying weight of 50, 60 and 70lbs). Guys also had to lift the bags onto a platform.
And then I had my test this morning. I've never rope climbed before so I was really really nervous for this one... I don't think I could even sleep! But surprisingly, I managed to get up there and climb to the top and then down and then a little way up again... very surprised! I think once you're in the moment, you just do it!
Everything else went pretty good I think, I can't really tell since we're not given anything to measure against, and I have no idea how the other gals were doing. But I was impressed that my standing long jump was 2.25 metres... for a shortie like me! tee hee. I think I even beat a few guys!
Anyway, the killer was the 1 mile run.. I hate running and have no idea how to pace myself at all. The girl who was testing everyone was there to push me, and she pushed me quite a bit.. I really didn't know what I was going for and why I was running so hard, I thought I was going to keel over and puke! Anyway, I did it in 8 minutes, which some say is very good... so *phew all done and I'm wiped out!
I think they announce the winners on Tuesday, so we'll see how I did... but I'm happy with my results and it was super fun! And now it's almost time for the weekend of more Christmas dinners!!
No comments:
Post a Comment