October 31, 2013

Halloween Festivities

Happy Halloween to everyone!

Princess Merida & Minnie Mouse for the 'real' Halloween
According to the girls, "this was the best halloween ever!!" and we have to agree, it was such a fun holiday to celebrate.  It definitely ended the week with the icing on the cake, or rather with buckets full of candy, what a great night.

For the past five years we've done the Trick or Treating in Yaletown, around the stores and thoroughly enjoyed it but as our first time from the whole 'house' point of view, this was pretty awesome!  The kids just loved running to the door when the bell rang and handing out the candy.  Then we went trick or treating with the Kai's!  What a blast... the kids were giddy and bouncing (pre-candy) for most of the time.  Plus, I am thankful for no rain, it was actually a really nice night for a walk!

The kids just make my heart melt, so fun!
Lets not forget about making some fun cool treat for Halloween!  We're especially loving Rice Krispie squares these days and there's always so much you can do with it! Plus there's always a learning opportunity in there somewhere when creating and planning and executing :)

Planning and Prep
Doing
Ta Daa! Frankenstein Rice Krispies!
This was also the first Halloween where both Trav AND I tried to DIY our costumes.  Nora & Lily really enjoy their show, "Word Girl", about a superhero girl with an extensive vocabulary. Nora thought it'd be great if I would be Word Girl this year, because she and Lily already had plans to be Princess Merida and Minnie Mouse.

I decided I would make two capes and if anything, we'd have them for dress up anyways.  Soooo, I was quite happy on Sunday when they both wanted to be Word Girl, yay!  Even though it wasn't for the 'real' Halloween, good enough.  Even Trav(!) participated with his own DIY skeleton costume!


Couldn't resist posting... Nora looks so different with that HAIR! :)
Good times, kids are the best... they sure have a lot of genuine joy for the simplest things!  So awesome to share this with them.  Great way to end October!

No comments: