June 26, 2013

Music Together


We're at this point in the year where sessions start to end... so we've had our last swim and gymnastics class for the Spring session.  But one bittersweet end is our Music Together classes.  I started off with Nora at the Kits Community Centre with Donalyn when Nora was 10 months old!  I was convinced this was awesome for both Trav and I to experience with Nora... so we signed up in the Spring together at the Roundhouse (again with Donalyn).  We pretty much haven't stopped going to a Music Together session ever since! 

The kids with Donalyn (best music teacher ever!!)
The best at one point was attending the Roundhouse ones with both girls and the Kai cousins.  Then the Kai's moved off to Burnaby so we did some sessions on our own again, while they signed up for a session closer to their home.  So, when we moved out here this year, we decided to put all four kids again in the same music class...one last time.  It's been a blast and really a lot of fun watching these kids enjoy the music, learn the music and be fully engaged in the dancing, playing of instruments and singing!

Music Together even brought us outside of the class to annual 'Winter Balls', where we'd get the kids dressed up and they sing and dance to the music they'd learnt throughout the year.  Fun family moments for sure!  I think the only year we missed was in 2011 when we were away on vacation in Cabo.  
Nora & Megan's first Winter Ball in 2009 (at Roundhouse)
Lily's first winter ball in 2010
Megan's winter ball in 2010
Most recent winter ball in 2012
The class only goes to 5 years old, so Nora's now outgrown this session, and we're ready to move on.  I do hope, though, that we as a family, we will keep up some sort of music tradition or way to keep music in our lives!  It has been great using music as a tool to get the kids to do stuff, or to hear them re-enacting their music class together... it's even made us (Trav and I) be more into song and dance with the kids.



So, with that... Goodbye to music together, Goodbye my friend, Goodbye so long, farewell!




No comments: