April 02, 2012

Celebrating 35!

I'm officially in my mid-thirties! Celebrated my birthday last week... I have no fear of birthdays, in fact, I love them and think they should always be celebrated in any way you can! Trav took me shopping in the States the day before. It was lots of fun driving down by ourselves, in our own schedule, taking whatever time we wanted and of course, shopping at the outlets where we could find some pretty good deals! A big thank you to Grandma Pat for taking care of the girls the whole day! We even managed to sneak in a dinner by ourselves before heading home.

(Thanks to Nora for taking a pic of mommy and daddy!)

Then on my actual birthday (March 29th), I took the day off work to be with the girls. No major plans, just hung out, went to the park and just played and goofed around. Soooo much better than being stuck at the desk all day :). Plus it's always fun hearing the girls sing Happy Birthday throughout the day, every time we played tea party or restaurant.


Then this weekend on Sunday after Owen's birthday lunch festivities (that's another post!), we had my birthday dinner with the family. We have been pretty caked out with all the kids birthdays, our birthdays (I forgot to mention, it was Stephen's birthday on the 17th!), so it was still extra special when Cherie came up with an awesome birthday dessert... frozen chocolate covered banana's with nuts on them... DELISH and a perfect way to end the weekend.

Anyways, another year older, another year wiser. Learning more and more each day, and just really love and appreciate my family and friends! Thanks guys!

No comments: