Preschool and Time with Lily
I think I have had a draft post on Nora's experience with preschool for a couple weeks now, and finally I have some time to try and get something out there. It's been a pretty wild ride... definitely a growing experience for both mom and Nora! It has been hard trying to get Nora out the door (dressed in her uniform) and then leaving her at the school.. big tears and lots of resistance, and me trying not to back down and finding the next 'fun' reason to go to school. It wasn't as though she didn't like school, she absolutely loves it. Picking her up is always a big highlight.. our walks home are fun as she tells me about her day and what they did, and there's always a song! :). So, knowing she loves school, I knew we would get through this transition and soon, there'd be a day where I could get to school without resistance and that one day she would go on her own to see the teacher and wave goodbye to me... well, I can finally say it... YAY!!!
Nora made me one proud momma today! For the first time since we started school, Nora went in to the classroom without any tears, said hi to her teachers, and then gave me the biggest hug and kiss goodbye! It was so lovely.. I had to make sure I didn't have any tears ;)So, finally I think I see the light in putting Nora through this transition. I am glad I stuck through it. It was often very tempting at times to think about taking her out so that we can avoid all this stress all together, knowing that I would have to go through all this again when it comes time to Kindergarten! But we stuck with it, we learned and look, now both Nora and I are loving our new schedule.
With Nora in preschool two days a week (3 hours a day), it also means that I get some awesome 1:1 time with Lily! It's been great. Usually after we drop Nora off, Lily and I will hang out together at home. Lily can quite easily keep herself busy, especially now that she's on the move, she's interested in so many things around the apartment... I definitely have to keep my eye on her (she's way more inquisitive that Nora ever was). I can actually get a few non-kid stuff done or prep for dinner while at home... and then I'll take Lily out in the stroller for her nap before we pick up Nora. It's great that Lily can nap pretty well in the stroller so I've been enjoying the time to myself either walking along the seawall or enjoying a hot chocolate by myself, reading a book, enjoying the peace and quiet. Very nice.So, it's overall positive, whoo hoo and so happy it's all working out. Maybe it was a one off today and she'll cry next week, but it was a first, our first, and I know she and I can do it... so it's all on the up and up. The best is whenever we ask Nora what her favourite part of the day was, it always has something to do with school. Yay!
2 comments:
so good to hear! I am fearing when Sept rolls around when we have to transition Sofia. Don't you love 1:1 time with your 2nd one? They totally deserve it =) We'll have to meet up in March once we've settled in and come back from SF!
that post made me so happy. Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment