January 05, 2011

Lily: 8 Months

At eight months, Lily can now make her way around the apartment by going backwards (on her tummy of course). She's very very very close to crawling... goes from sitting, reaching out, rocking on her knees and hands, and then slowly lowers herself and tries to reach for an object in front but ends up further and further away from it. It's kinda cute because she's doing her backward schooch and then gets really frustrated when she can't reach the object!



Some other fun things we're seeing at this age:

  • She waves to us when we wave to her
  • She mimics our mouth when we eat or want to feed her (open and closes her mouth)
  • She's learning the sign for 'potty'... she's always doing the sign! So, it's not necessarily tying the sign with the action but she's following our cues when we do it :)
  • Loves her food and especially loves it when her big sister Nora feeds her. By the way, Nora loves giving Lily these baby snacks called Mum Mums... that way Nora gets to halve it, give the one half to Lily and the other for herself!
  • Big smiles in the mirror when she sees herself!
"Stranger! Where's my mommy?" - Lily is now at the age where she's learning to cry out for me when I'm not around or if I let someone else try and hold her. Sometimes if she's taken out of the room and distracted, that's usually enough to calm her down... that is, until I come back in the room and she sees me... *sigh, I'm so loved :)

I have noticed that one benefit to being second kid is all the cool toys that Lily gets to play with. There was no way that Nora would've had lego blocks or tea set cups and saucers to hold because at Nora's then 8 month age, we only would've had toys that were suitable for that age. So, it's been fun because we'd all be in the playroom and if I were playing a game with Nora, Lily would be quite happy and content going through all the toys.

And there you go, another monthly update for our little 'Lil! Probably next month she'll be crawling! Woah.

Happy 8 Months Lily, and Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments: