June 26, 2009

15 Months

Nora's hit her 15 month mark and there's always so much that we've noticed she's learnt or done something new in just the past month, it's insane! I definitely found that she's grown SO much in the 3 months since her first birthday than her initial 0-3 months.

I quickly took a look back at her 3 month post and it was so cute to read how she'd just found her hand, started lifting her legs in the air for a half roll, enjoying more tummy time and loved having dad read books to her.

The other day, I was giving Nora some food and she kept opening her mouth for me to feed her. But knowing she's quite capable of taking the food with her own hands and feeding herself, I said to her, 'You can feed yourself, where's your hand?'. She looked at me, lifted her arm up, then looked at her hand, and then looked back at me, as if to say back, 'It's here mom!'. It's so funny how literal she was and understood what I was saying, and a year ago she had only just discovered her hand! Life, it's a beautiful thing!

And today, here's her update at 15 months:

  • Music - signing up and taking the music classes from Music Together has been by far the best thing for Nora. We originally started her at 10 months where she would mostly sit and observe what others were doing. And today, when Trav and I take her on Saturdays she's up there dancing to the beat, shaking the egg shakers and twirling! It's so awesome - she's learnt all the songs, so as we play them at home, you can usually catch her doing the similar moves we've learnt in class. I've also got a better appreciation for music and singing now and just love love love dancing with Nora - she really enjoys the beats, no matter how silly mom looks or sounds :). Too bad it's the last class tomorrow but we'll sign up for the Fall for sure - maybe cousin Meh Meh (Megan) will join us too!
  • Swimming - recently we've been taking Nora swimming at Grandpa Bear's new place! And oh has it been fun. She enjoys being moved around the water and now will often float on her tummy (with our help of course) and kick! She has a huge fascination with people doing laps in the pool - so one day, we'll be able to teach her the moves.
  • Talking - we're hearing Nora talk more and more, repeating words after us. It's very cute to hear her 'voice'. We've always heard the cries or giggles, but it's the sweetest little sound when you actually hear her talk to you. She enjoys holding the phone and saying 'hi' (although it'll be hard to actually get her to say hi while you're on the phone, it's always after the fact). She can also tell you that a cow 'moos', a sheep 'baas', a horse 'neighs' and a fish 'open and close mouth', and a dog 'bow wows'.
  • Other babies - she completely adores Megan, her Meh Meh. Nora's always asking for Meh Meh and when she sees her, it's kisses and pats all day long. But she's also so gentle and friendly with her buddies - always going up to say hi, pats, or kisses. It's a very sweet sight, so much love.
  • Her doll 'Dor Dor' - I didn't think she'd become attached to a lovey or toy but she has, and it's her doll that she got for her birthday from Grammy and Grampy. So everynight when we go to bed, she now takes Dor Dor and her binkie (bee bee) to sleep with her. Also, if she's ever really upset, Dor Dor can usually help her calm down. Same for trying to get Nora to nap, I just have to let her know that Dor Dor's tired and I'm going to put her in the crib for a nap, then Nora will stop what she's doing and let me work with the nap routine.
  • Nanny - we've found a nanny to come in one day a week to take care of Nora during the day, and I'm so happy to say that it's going well. She's a great gal, very calm, spiritual and gentle and Nora seems to really like her. So it's been really great not to have to deal with any major seperation anxiety issues.
  • Moving Around - she's definitely mobile and wants to walk everywhere. It's quite fun watching her explore new places b/c she gets so excited from the very many choices she can go to, especially somewhere like the aquarium. It's also suddenly brought on a whole new fear of losing her in a crowd (few odd, scary dreams in the past week), so I'm very glad that's she's quite happy to hold my hand whenever I ask her to (and I think it just looks so cute when a toddler is holding an adult's hand).
  • Climbing - luckily, she's not quite climbing on the sofa's and high chairs yet, but she's making small efforts to climb small things - into carts, baby bathtub etc. Pic below she found Matthew's sofa, climbed up and made herself comfortable :)
Oh the fun continues. Have I ever mentioned how I just LOVE being Nora's mom - she's the best in my totally biased opinion and she makes us laugh and smile every single day. Happy 15 months sweetie!

No comments: