San Diego
San Diego was a lot of fun. I know I probably stressed way more than I should have but who wouldn't stress when you're taking your baby away from the comforts of home for a week? Yes, I know, I really should be more like Trav and not worry so much - luckily Nora takes after dad b/c she didn't stress at all, she was just a superstar - going to all different places, napping where she got the chance and sleeping in a strange room. It took a few nights to adjust but then she slept through and it was all good.
It was soooo nice to go with my parents... they just loved hanging out and playing with Nora all the time. It was great... it meant that we could all relax when we wanted to and Nora got so much attention she didn't mind one single bit!Some highlights from the trip:
San Diego Zoo - what a cool place and so many animals to see, including panda's, giraffes and gorillas. It's really well laid out and huge, so we got our exercise in for that day. Not exactly sure which animal was Nora's favourite but ours was watching the apes jumping up and down from tree to tree.
Laguna Beach - our friend Brian lives in LA so we met up with him for brunch in Laguna Beach. This was Nora's first time on the beach in the sand and on the water.
Uncle Brian decided that he was going to be the one to hold Nora while she gets her first feel of the ocean water. Well, if you know Brian, there's always an exciting story to be told after a visit with him. While he was holding Nora so she could touch the water, a sneaky wave came up and whisked his sunglasses away... and Brian, not wanting to lose his sunglasses (b/c apparently he'd lost his Ray Bans last year in the same spot!), hustled in after the glasses... so Nora in one arm dangling sideways with Brian focusing in on trying to grab his sunglasses... I just about jumped out of my skin... especially b/c he was trying almost 3 or 4 times to pick up the glasses, getting Nora's head (since she was almost upside down at this point) closer and closer to the sand, oh boy. Then they were wondering how come I didn't take a movie of it all! Sheesh. Anyway, I did happen to snap one pic at the end when Brian finally managed to grab a good hold of his glasses... yay, baby & glasses saved.
Torrey Pines - we didn't get to golf there but my dad did! Yup, he was lucky enough to get a tee time. For those golfing guru's, Torrey Pines was host to the 2008 US Open Championship and has a beautiful setting overlooking the ocean. After dad's game we met up with him for lunch.Shopping - and finally, what trip wouldn't be complete without the outlet mall shopping. Even with the dollar taking a bit of dive there were still some great deals out there. So, we've managed to get more clothes for ourselves and of course, for Nora. I'm not really a good shopper for myself but boy oh boy when it comes time to shop for clothes for Nora... it was so much fun!
And that's the trip! We're back and settling back into normalcy and can't believe that Christmas is less than 2 months away.
2 comments:
Looks like a great trip. I looked at the pics in picasa and it looks like Nora had a blast. So many big smiles!
UNCLE BRIAN! Why am I not surprised! So gald to hear you guys had a wonderful trip. Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment