September 09, 2008

Babies, bellies, a bottle and a bride

I have finally experimented with pumping to see if Nora will take a bottle and so far it's been going pretty well. I've been wanting to try it out since the beginning of summer but procrastination and excuse after excuse took the best of me... but finally, I bit the bullet and bought myself a pump. It takes a getting used to but I think I've figured it all out.

The goal was to try and make it to either Pauline's bridal shower or to Tracey's baby shower by myself so that I could spend more time with my friends, also giving Trav some quality alone time with Nora. It turned out that Sunday (Aug 31) was the day we chose for Trav to take care of Nora while I went to Tracey's baby shower. It was awesome! Trav got to spend a half day with Nora. He got to feed her the bottle and she took it so well. A little curious at first wondering how come dad was holding her while she was getting the milk but it didn't bother her too much b/c she gulped it down nice and easy. And then for me, I was able to enjoy the shower for Tracey while catching up with everyone. Actually had nice long decent conversations without worrying about Nora or feeling like I'm cutting people off :)

The other part of the weekend was on Saturday at Pauline's bridal shower. We timed it so that Nora could take her nap while we drove, then Trav dropped Nora and I off at the shower so she was at least awake and happy and then he came to fetch me a couple hours later so we could take Nora home for a nap. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay too long at P's shower but it was a lot of fun. It was also really neat to see how things have changed over the past year... there were four babies, one toddler, five baby bellies and of course, the beautiful bride-to-be!

So the bottle has been a good thing... I even managed to get some shopping done on Saturday morning! I took off after Nora went down for her first nap and made a dash to a baby store in Richmond and then off to Oakridge to find a dress for the two weddings we have this weekend. I didn't realise I was gone for 3 hours... wow, the stuff you can get done when you're on your own... wow! :)

Okay, Nora's waking, gotta go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

busy busy! but sounds like a great wkend! i'm glad that she took the bottle so well! :) we are starting to work on weaning conlin - he actually started himself by going on a bit of a nursing strike this week! hope all is well - we will have to catch up soon, time is passing too quickly! hugs to nora!!