Tuning Up
Well, I am really grateful that thus far, I've had a fairly smooth pregnancy but I can definitely tell that things are starting to happen and the body is getting ready for the birthing experience. These past couple of weeks have been physically interesting... not only do I feel bigger and bigger day by day, not to mention bored of wearing the same clothes day in and day out... but just more exhausted with a few new interesting aches and pains to deal with.
I won't go into the lovely details but yesterday was a bit of a 'wake up' call or reality check that really, this baby could come anytime now. Typically or most people say that your first baby will arrive around 40 weeks or even late, but who knows, I've also heard the stories where babies come earlier too! :)
Anyway, yesterday was a bit of a long day filled with Braxton-Hicks contractions - basically 'warm up' contractions... something that some people feel and others don't. It's normal and your body's way of gearing up for the real labour contractions. Anyway, it was interesting to say the least but also very real that soon we'll be going through the real thing!
It was funny 'cos over the weekend, I was grocery shopping while Trav had his hockey game and a lot of his team mates gave him heck for leaving me alone! So, he kept his cell phone on the bench, just in case! :) But yah, wow, anytime now, he could just get that call from me!
On other news, we heard from two other couples from our prenatal class who gave birth to their babies last week. Sandra & Steve had a baby boy, and Rebecca & Trevor had a baby girl. Congrats!
1 comment:
You must be getting very excited/nervous! Wishing you all the best, we can hardly wait. Lots of love, N,G,M
Post a Comment