Making Progress
Things are definitely moving forward on the baby front and I'm happy to say that stuff's happening and things are getting done! We had a really productive weekend!
Our 2nd bedroom is a lot cleaner and not so cluttered! We moved a lot of stuff down to our storage locker making way for plenty of closet space. We're keeping the futon for now in case we get guests. It's folded up as a seat which is good b/c I always forgot about how much floor space that thing takes up!
Last night at family dinner my parents gave us a stroller! So we spent the night putting it together and getting used to the features and pushing it around... it looks so cute and can't wait for the baby to try it out :) It's funny, my dad was saying that it had way more features and probably cost more than his first car (in SA Rands!)... tee hee.
And then our biggest purchase so far... the crib! We've been humming and haa-ing about what type of crib we wanted to get. When we first saw the Stokke Crib we thought it was quite the yuppy thing and quite froo froo to get... basically, it's oval shape (it's first unique thing), which will require it's own type of bedding but the cool feature is that it comes with the bassinett that then converts into a crib and eventually a toddler's bed (if you want). It doesn't come cheap but after researching a few other cribs out there and figuring out quality comparisons, usage (will it last long enough for a 2nd kid etc etc) and flexibility for apartment living, we decided to just go for it!
We love the idea that we'd first get the bassinett part that could fit in our room if we chose to have the baby sleep in our room with us; then also b/c it's a smaller type crib it would fit in our 2nd bedroom and if we happen to have guests stay over, then we could at least roll the crib into our room for that night etc.
Yesterday, we went to TJ's Kids to order it thinking we'd have to wait 4-6 weeks for ordering and delivering but to our surprise, they had stock in their warehouse and it would be ready for pick up today! Very very exciting... sooooo tonight we were like little kids opening up some more Christmas presents (since we just got the stroller last night!)!
It was fun putting it together... so I introduce to you... our baby's new bed! It's so cute, small and perfect for our apartment! *sigh... I guess we are quite the yups!
Other than the goods, things are good. This baby is moving alot these days! It's definitely getting bigger and stronger b/c at times I can feel either a head, bum or foot pushing out. Quite freaky but also fun just figuring out how the baby is curled up in there. The movement though has been making getting a good night's sleep a little difficult. It tends to move around a lot just as I'm getting ready to sleep... so trying to find the best position to sleep has been my challenge for the week.
But otherwise, all's good - we've started to look for my maternity leave replacement at work. We're hoping to have someone in place by March 1st so that I can train them and then probably work until mid-March. Woah. Mid-March is in like 2 months time! Woah.
Okie, I'll try not to keep too many days go by without the next post. Man, did you feel the wind out there tonight? It was crazy!
5 comments:
talk about spur of the moment - on sat you said you weren't getting the stokke! woohoo, you've got all the big purchases out of the way. we're still waiting for our crib and stroller to arrive!
Ha ha - yeah I thought we weren't getting the Stokke, but Trav really liked the idea of it and convinced me :) (I'm glad he did, I love it now!)
what a crazy crib! but i agree, it definitely looks condo-sized :-) btw, check out my blog re: wind!
an adorable crib for an adorable baby created by adorable parents! I am just so excited for you! Hugs, Neesja
The crib looks awesome you guys! It works so well in the apartment. It's funny how we hummed and hawwed the same way about our stroller.
Post a Comment