Tuesdays with Morrie
I recently finished reading "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. Cute little read about life lessons from the perspective of a dying man. Timely that today is Tuesday and my parents are going to watch the play tonight... here's something to think about:
Taken directly from the book:
Weren't you ever afraid to grow old, I asked?
"Mitch, I embrace aging."
Embrace it?
"It's very simple. As you grow, you learn more. If you stayed at twenty-two, you'd always be as ignorant as you were at twenty-two. Aging is not just decay, you know. It's growth..."
"...If you're always battling against getting older, you're always going to be unhappy, because it will happen anyhow."
And that's all folks... I gotta go and find some recipes for Saturday's meal! :)
2 comments:
If you liked Tuesdays with Morrie, you'll like the "Five People you Meet in Heaven" by the same author. I've got it if you want to read it.
I really enjoyed that book....really makes you think about what you have and what you shouldn't take for granted and dwell on the little things.
Post a Comment