October 19, 2006

It's real simple

It seems since we've been back from our wonderful travels, I don't have much to post these days. It's always so much fun when you can share your travel experiences... how far we've come with technology. The blog is a great way to keep friends and family up to date on what you've been doing, plus, I found it was a great way for me to track what we did!

My next project is to figure out which pics to print and scrapbook! These days with digital you tend to just take a ton of pics, but then it becomes another adventure deciding which ones to print! This summer I've taken lots of pictures, mainly because we've had a very very eventful and fun filled one! There were weddings, and trips, and visitors, and more trips, it's great! So many fun moments! I just have to make sure I don't procrastinate
and actually start doing something with those pictures.

(the cutest pic of Michelle and Mo's little one, Zane, playing with Trav)

My current project: a cooking binder! I've been receiving the 'Real Simple' magazines for over a year now and decided that rather than let them accumulate in big bundles (taking up some precious storage space in our apartment), I decided to pull all the recipes out of the magazines and make up my own binder. I've sorted it out by the different categories (soups, salads, pasta, chicken, fish, beef, pork an desserts). It's great, there were quite a few times where I'd remember a recipe I wanted to try, but then forgot which issue it was in, so I'd end up going through them all (or just not even bothering!).

So, similar to Sandra's challenge of trying a new recipe from her cookbooks each week, I'm going to try the same!

3 comments:

Sandee said...

I have a cooking binder too...unfortunately it's overflowing with recipes I haven't tried :P.

tres said...

hahaha, i started a binder, complete with organizing tabs, and i filled it with about 10 recipes, and now i'm not sure where i put it :P

Anonymous said...

You know what Sharon? I've done the same with the Real Simple recipes =) Pulled them out of the mag and put them in a binder. What's cool about the magazine is that it almost seems like it's been designed specifically for you to do that cuz you'll notice that ads are placed very strategically so that you are able to separate and categorize the recipes, without any problems.