September 10, 2006

Time to think about what to pack!?!


In a week, we'll be in London to start off our vacation! It's been really exciting getting ready for the trip - booking the flights, looking into hotels, getting a lot of little odds and ends. With the exception of London, Trav and I are going to places we've never been. He did his big backpacking trip around Europe back in 1994, but never went to London, Croatia or Spain. I've only done a really small sample of Europe.

So, now my question to all those who've travelled recently... what do you pack!?! We're going for three weeks, taking backpacks, and luckily, most of the weather should be warm. I agree that in the past I've taken way too many clothes for a week, but when it comes to three weeks... I have no idea. Of course, it's ideal if I can really pack minimally so that I can buy more to take home! :)

I've taken out some of my clothes, and thinking of a pair of jeans, two skirts, capri pants (just one), and three pairs of shorts. That should be enough... plus maybe 5 shirts that will match at least 2 of the bottoms. (I've already cut quite a bit, but maybe I need to cut more, guess it comes down to what I can carry!)

So, what are your packing tips?

2 comments:

Sandee said...

your combo looks ok. Take dry fit if you can so you can wash it yourself in the your hotel bathroom. You can get small packets of detergent (and a sink plug) at Tilley Endurables on Granville. It's easiest to wash your own underwear, etc in your washroom, so that's what we did too.

Don't forget your plug adapter so you can recharge your camera!

You might also want bathings suits and beach towels too.

tres said...

my tip.....anything you forget at home, can be bought abroad :-)

have a great vacation!