Lily: 2.5 Years
It has been a while since I've done a milestone update for the girls and Lily is already 2.5 years old. She is really growing up so fast and definitely into her own unique little character. I am really treasuring the 1:1 time that I have with her while Nora's in preschool. Fairly soon, Lily will be off to preschool and while I will definitely enjoy that bonus 'me' time when both are in preschool, it'll be such a jump in the next world of having kids.
You can really hear Lily's voice and her humour when she's on her own... of course because she doesn't have to compete for talking space with her big sister! She really has a funny sense of humour and I love it, she's always got ways of making me laugh, being goofy but also just so entertaining. As with Nora, I just LOVE how toddlers can piece together thoughts in their heads and verbalize so much. Right now, it is so enjoyable watching both her and Nora sing their songs to us... granted, we are getting a little tired of the Beauty & the Beast soundtrack but when we hear them singing the songs or re-enacting the scenes, it does nothing more than bring us sweet happiness!
Lily just loves Nora. It is so nice that they can play for a long time together during the day before they start needing me or needing their own space. They've always got some 'act' to do or some role play in their heads and thankfully, most of the time, they're both playing so nicely together. There are definitely some sister moments of frustration and hurt but they work through it well. They definitely have two very different personalities...Nora's big on the rules and being a boss but luckily is also very very patient with her sister who is quite a free bird, harry casual and pushes the most buttons.
| Lily dressing it up (and dancing it up) at the Winter Ball |
Talking about big 'steps' from toddler world to preschooler world... we are now completely free of diapers and pull ups! Whoo hoo. It's been about a month now but Lily has made the transition rather well and no second thoughts about it. It's a small thing but if you think about it... we started this process of diapers over 4.5 years ago... no more... such a good feeling! The girls are definitely growing up fast.
As you can tell, it's really alllllllll about enjoying the moments and I must say... staying at home with the girls has been the best thing so far. I love that we experience so much more together but also I can watch them learn as they take in new things.
1 comment:
Lily is so cute, and yay! On potty training! Girls are the best ;) and staying home is awesome. I love it too!
Post a Comment