Lily's 'Yellow Car' Birthday
My little one is now two, can you believe it, I no longer have any babies in the household! No no, we don't need to go and add any more babies to the household just to have a baby (heh heh), I must say, I am really loving this age and gap for the girls right now... 2 and 4, it's pretty awesome! The girls are just so fun to hang around with, each in their own little ways, but also together in their fantastic friendship together.
For Lily's birthday party, we decided to have a little mix of friends and family at my parents place (thanks mom and dad!!). It was fun, chose a yellow theme, mainly around Lily's LOVE for 'Yellow Cars'... she is obsessed with them. Every time we drive, she'll pick up the yellow cars, and if you haven't noticed... taxi's are yellow, and there are lots downtown... so super fun in the car trying to find and count all the yellow cars, she definitely knows where all the yellow cars in our parkade live (and if they're not there that day, she'll say 'gone... work!').
To top it off, I had made some chocolate cupcakes with yellow icing and handmade printed car toppers... well, while I was carrying the cupcake holder (with all 24 cupcakes!), the silly handle decided to break on me! Poof, all cupcakes toppled over, still covered, just a little mushed. Yes, this was about the time, I decide to let out a few tears... but that's okay, thankfully I brought some extra icing, and we touched up the cupcakes and well, tried to salvage the car a little. It definitely had a bit of a better side to face the audience for candle time, but it was still a little car wreck... but for me, at least when Lily saw it and said, 'Yellow car!', that made my day! :)
Anyways, lots of fun, the girls had a blast and were super wiped out at the end of the day, so were we! I know I say it a lot, but I honestly just LOVE birthdays, especially now that I'm a mom and realize just what it takes to bring these kids into the world and grow and teach them to be the little individuals that they are... we need to celebrate... and celebrate we did!
Happy Birthday my sweet carefree Lily, just love your smiles and sense of humour!
2 comments:
you're such a good mom!! Loved the cake - great job! Lily is so beautiful...I felt the tears when I read about the cupcakes falling.
Lily is such a cutie! Happy Birthday Lily! Sharon, even though you had some bumps along the way, the party still looked amazing, just look at the happy smile on Lily's face! Adorable!
Post a Comment