May 01, 2011

End of Mat Leave

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!

I can't believe it but my mat leave is now done and I'm off to work tomorrow. It's all bittersweet and it's been hitting me in spurts throughout the day... I'm going to really miss being around the girls all day, every day... but at the same I've got a new opportunity at work that I'm really looking forward to. So, it's all transition for us once again and soon, we'll get to our new 'normal'.
We've hired a nanny, Janine to take care of the girls at home. We took the last few weeks to help with transition so that I felt comfortable and to make sure the girls got used to her. Nora has grown so much and totally understands what's going on and lets me leave without any tears or resistance and she's really enjoying hanging out with Janine. Lily is still adapting and cries when I leave, but she's in a stage right now where she's super clingy anytime I'm in the room and someone takes her. But she's fine when I leave and out of sight, so I'm not too worried about her. So, knowing that it's gone well so far, definitely eases my mind in going to work. Nora even told me the other day that I should go to work everyday! What a sweetheart, so glad she does well with new transitions now (so much better than when I went back after my first mat leave).

Then for work, I have transitioned into a whole new role and I am really excited about it. I'm going into a Marketing role and will be working with a great team who are super creative and just full of neat ideas, so I'll really get to ramp up on some new marketing skills, learn new creative aspects (design and video), and then get more involved with the game team to get the game out the door, exciting stuff!

I'm in a very fortunate position as I'll work 3 days a week and then will still get 2 regular days plus weekends to hang out with the girls! So end of a wonderful year with the girls... there were highs and lows and days where I longed to be the one at work and someone else taking care of the girls, but we've also had a lot more days where I was more than happy to be at home, with my girls, having tea parties or just goofing around!

One of the greatest parts of all this change... I got some time to go shopping, got some new clothes and am ready for some adult chit chat! To new starts!

No comments: