September 30, 2010

Five Years Today

I managed to take some time last night before bed to think about our wedding day, just five years ago! It was such a fun and beautiful wedding day!

It turned out to be a beautiful and gorgeous day. It had been pouring with rain the few days leading up to the big day that it was so nice to take advantage of the fall leaves and brilliant blue sky. I remember the absolute overwhelming and wonderful feeling of seeing all our close family and friends in the church as I walked (sobbing with happiness) down the aisle with dad... and then to see Trav waiting there for me.

Other fun highlights included:

  • running through the crowd at our reception as they introduced us as 'Mr and Mrs Brown-John' while everyone waved their white napkins with U2's 'Where The Streets Have No Name' playing in the background
  • being entertained by the newlywed game, hosted by our wedding party... unfortunately I didn't get too many answers correct ;)
  • the wonderful and heartfelt speeches
  • my first dance with my hubby :)
  • ending the night with everyone linked on the dance floor singing to Green Day's 'Time of Your Life'
My how things have changed in the past five years, I look forward to seeing what the next five will bring... and then we can finally read what everyone wrote in our 'time capsule'! :)

Trav, I love you and wouldn't change anything. I wish we could have that kind of celebration with our family and friends every year! Instead, tonight we're going to keep it simple and go out for dinner together with the girls.

To five and many more happy years together!

1 comment:

The Blommesteins said...

Happy anniversary you guys!! Sharon, the kids sleeping well today and giving mommy a break? Two posts in one day. Yay!