Full Term
I am now considered full term (37 weeks) in my pregnancy, meaning baby is fully developed and basically putting on weight each day he / she stays in there longer :). Last Thursday was my last day of work, so now it's definitely all focus on getting rest and mentally preparing for this little one to make its entrance into the world!
It's all very exciting to see who's inside and to see how Nora will transition into being a big sister! So far, she's awesome and loves the baby to bits - sometimes I'll catch her talking to the baby, telling it about her day or offering it some milk or food or just general love, hugs and kisses. Nora is so sweet and I think it'll be a real treat to watch her grow into this big sister role.
Part of me is really glad this pregnancy is coming to an end, it hasn't been an easy one for sure. Or rather, my pregnancy with Nora was pretty smooth in comparison to this one. It's been long and tough, and I may still have 3 or 4 more weeks to go, I just hope it's not too much more tiring. The first two trimesters were tiring, little nauseating and my body went through a lot of lower back and abdomen pain which has been very much improved through regular chiro and massage therapy. I had about a 4-5 week stint in the 3rd trimester where all felt 'normal'. But now, since I've reached 36 weeks, something about it... my body is really kicking it in high gear to get this baby out. I'm way more tired throughout the whole day, strong braxton hicks and strong baby kicks, sleepless nights, leg cramps and return of a few more pains here and there... lovely.
I'm not sure if I'm excited or scared to know that the first labour paved the way and that generally the second labour should be faster! Having been through the first experience, I think fear is now kicking in but at the same time, there is definitely motivation to get this baby out and start moving on :)
Biggest difference is also making sure I have the energy and fun to entertain and look after Nora. I remember the first time round, I'd come home from work and be able to nap for an hour before thinking of dinner. But this time, there's no time for that! This past week's been a bit rough as Nora's been fighting some kind of cold or flu and fever, so her sleep hasn't been that great at night... maybe she knows somethings up very soon and is preparing us for middle of the night wake ups! Yikes...but for now, I will rely on her 1.5 hour naps during the day for me to get some rest as well.
Adventurous times ahead. Life with two kids. It's hard to imagine what it'll be like with a newborn back in the house! Ok, must go and get some sleep :)
1 comment:
Get lots of rest. It won't be long now. It really is cool to see Maddy and Ethan together. Now that Ethan can play a bit more, we catch them playing 'together'. It's awesome. Then it often turns quickly to "That's my toy Essan!!" :) It really is fun though. We cannot wait to see who has been in your tummy all this time.
Post a Comment