Happy New Year
Happy New Year to everyone! Hope everyone and their families had a great time ringing in 2010. We went over to my parents for steak and prawns (yum!) and then rang in the new year with Nora & Megan at 9pm PST while watching the ball drop in New York! Perfect! Nora got a kick out of the countdown and watching the ball drop - she kept asking to see it again and again, thank goodness for pvr's! :)The next day, Trav and I took in a movie and went to watch 'Avatar' in 3D. What a brilliant movie - just AWESOME. The 3d got me a bit on the vertigo feeling but not too bad, amazing how far along technology and art have come these days. But I have heard you can go and watch the non-3D version if you're not into that.
2010... year of so many new adventures to come, including the birth of baby #2! So far, it's always been 'next year this, next year that'... well, it's already next year... we're having this second kid this year... wow! I don't know how you could mentally prepare for it, it's crazy to think how one kid is busy enough, so a second, this shall be interesting :) But the pregnancy is going well, just a lot more physical than the first. I had it pretty good with Nora but this one am finding it a bit more uncomfortable earlier on, but hopefully my regular massage therapy appointments, baths and introduction to yoga will soon relieve some of the stuff. It has been really sweet to see how Nora is getting attached to the little belly and always including it in many activities (baby needs a drink, baby have some orange.. ).
Work front... I can't believe it but I have now been at Radical for ten years! Insane... I was a wee little 22 year old starting her first co-op job. Anyway, the company has been super great to me and I've managed to see and experience so much within the company, it's awesome to still be a part of that family.
And now, because I can't get enough of Nora's many faces, I leave you with her expressions as she reads with Trav (the book is about Funny Faces). It's funny too b/c if you haven't seen Nora in a while you may never really get to see these expressions in person, she still tends to stare and observe people she meets... and only once she's really gotten comfortable around you, will show her other silly side :)
5 comments:
oh the pics are so cute! Sofia displays the first expression quite regularly when she is not impressed hehe It's great you were able to capture it!
That's too cute!
So cute. I've noticed too that the Maddy I see, is not the one that everyone else sees. They definitely open up more when they feel safe.
yup, we love our pvr, too! gabe's fave commercial is "quit now" (smoking) and it's really short so if he's too slow getting in front of the tv, we'll rewind it for him :)
Hey! We have that book too, but I think Nora is much more expressive when she reads it. How cute! And, it sounds like Nora will be a wonderful big sister. The Lams.
Post a Comment