August 31, 2009

A Weekend of Firsts

This past weekend was a very adventurous one! It was the first time that I've ever been away from Nora for a night. On Thursday, Trav headed off to Vegas for a friend's stag so it was just Nora and I for a couple of nights. Everything went really well and I really enjoyed the bonding time I had with her - we had enough planned to keep us busy during the day so it was nice and chilled out by the time it was bedtime.

Then, on Saturday, I drove down to Bellingham to pick Trav up and then we stayed overnight so that we could go shopping in the morning on our own. Thanks to my mom for being a super trooper and staying at our place to take care of Nora for the night and day afterward. Originally my dad was going to help out too but plans changed and he had to stay in Port Moody for the couple days while they got new hardwood floors put in :)

The drive down on my own was fun - it was the first time I'd driven over the border by myself so I took the opportunity to turn on the non-children tunes, enjoy the sunshine and head down the highway! Later that night, Trav and I went to watch District 9, and really enjoyed the movie! We definitely missed waking to Nora's voice and hearing her call out for us when she was ready to be picked up... but we got a chance to do some serious shopping without having to plan her naps or worry of entertaining her... it was just us, with a mission to get clothes :)

On the other end, Nora did great with her Po Po... and didn't seem to miss us too much which is good. But it sure felt really really good to see Nora with her cheerful smile when she greeted us! I missed her SO much!

1 comment:

The Blommesteins said...

I love the new header. Maybe you can show me how you did it. Nothing that fancy, I don't even know how to change it from the ones blogspot gives you!