June 01, 2009

13 & 14 Month Update

Life is whizzing by that I just realized I missed Nora's 13 month update so I'll have to clump it all in one. So much has changed since her first birthday in just about every way. It's been very busy and a lot has to do with me going back to work part time... and there's only so many hours in the day, sometimes I wish I had more just to keep up with a few things.

Physical development: she's a confident walker now and goes just about everywhere and anywhere. Loves exploring, checking things out, taking items with her. She also loves being chased and then getting caught.. sometimes she'll say 'poo' or sign 'poo', so we walk to the bathroom to get the potty and then as soon as I put it down and get ready to pick her up, she'll run off with a huge smile on her face, waiting for me to run after her. As for teeth, craziness but we saw four pop out over a couple weeks, so now she has 8 teeth.

Verbal development: slowly but surely we're hearing more words from her. She tries to repeat after us and the intonation is there but the words are still a little babble. But she's very certain on mama, dada, wow wow (for dog), wa wa (for water), bah-bel (bubbles), nana (banana), Meh (for Megan) and Po Po (which has makes my mom very happy!) and prob a few more.

Social development: she's a very happy kid and just loves staring at people, especially in the elevator. She usually says hi and bye, sometimes the timing is a little off and you'll often hear her saying it once they leave the elevator. But generally, she's a smiley happy girl... until it comes time to daycare. The past month has been quite challenging with the seperation anxiety and it got worse each Monday as I dropped Nora off at daycare, to the point, where we're now no longer going to the daycare and trying to find an alternate solution. Shame, poor Nora - it was really hard for her to adjust with the new lady. It was an unfamiliar place, unfamiliar person with unfamiliar kids, and it was always on a Monday after a super fun weekend with us, so it was all too much of a change for her to adjust that it just wasn't working out for all of us. So we're now exploring the nanny option of having someone come in to our home and taking care of Nora, giving her all the attention she needs. Hopefully that'll work :)

Her likes: Nora loves so many things and you can really tell she's happy and enjoying things by the look on her face (huge smiles) and if it's something yummy she's eating she'll tell you by saying, 'Mmmmmmmm'. She loves parks, swings and slides... everytime we stroll past one, she leans forward, pointing in huge excitement... so I need to always plan my route carefully if I want her to sleep, else she'll be wide-eyed and only ask for the park!

Her character: she's just so much fun and we're just having so much fun with her. She's got such a great personality and is also so loving. I love it when she knows she's doing something cute or naughty or funny or whatever it is and she's got just the right look to make you smile over it. It's very hard being in a bad mood around Nora... all you have to do is watch her learning, thinking, observing and you'll just find it all fascinating and enjoyable... unless of course you've seriously messed up her naps and she's super cranky! (Whoops!).

Phew, so glad I managed to put this update in, so it'll help me remember when I look back on it in the future. It all goes by so fast that you tend to forget things quite quickly. Happy June 1st everyone... is it really the sixth month of the year already! :)

No comments: