Timely Surprise
On Saturday I co-hosted a surprise baby shower for Sarah. I used to work with Sarah at Radical and Trav works with her hubby, Jeff at Next Level. Sarah is a big fan of Halloween and since the baby's due date was Oct 27th, we put together a Halloween-themed-baby shower! It worked out really well b/c Sarah ended up wearing a black dress and topped with an orange halloween hat, she was the perfect guest of honour (and she thought she was just coming over for lunch with us!)
I took the opportunity to make her a Black-Out Cake. For Sandra's baby shower, her friend, Priscilla made her this black-out cake and it was soooooo yummy, I had to learn how to make it. Plus it's filled with so much chocolate goodness, mmmm mmm mmm (I made sure that Sarah was as big a fan of chocolate as I am, thank goodness she is!). I didn't end up using Priscilla's recipe but another version where it used homemade chocolate pudding as the layers, instead of frosting. The cool part about this cake is that you use one layer of cake to crumble and then top it over the cake's icing. (I was too wrapped up in the shower's events, I didn't manage to get a decent pic of the cake, next time!)
So, that was the surprise shower for Sarah. But an even bigger surprise was for Jeff and Sarah yesterday when the baby decided it wanted out and into the world! So, now they are proud parents of a baby girl! Congratulations you guys!
1 comment:
congrats to your friend! your cake sounds delicious too - would love the recipe! :) hope all is well - do you have nora's halloween outfit yet?? conlin is going to be a penguin!
Post a Comment