Race Against the Nap
For my mom's birthday dinner on Saturday, I was determined to get a cake prepped and baked on Friday. You begin to realize that life with a baby really is all about planning and getting the most out of their naps! Usually Nora's naps are about 50 mins to an hour long but sometimes I get lucky enough to get a 1.5 to 2 hour nap from her.
So, on Friday during her mid-afternoon nap, I started to grate the carrots for my carrot cake - thank goodness for food processors, it was done chop chop chop! So, then I started taking out everything that I needed to make the cake, measured out all the ingredients and got all my ducks in a row. It was nearing her 50 minute mark... so just waiting to hear a peep from her... 5 mins go by, nothing... 10 mins go by, nothing... okay, I think I'm clear... GO! So, in a wild mad dash I mixed and processed everything while the oven was preheating. It truly felt like a little bit of a race because I'd hate to be in the middle of blending or scraping or whatever when she wakes up. But sweet little Miss Nora kept on sleeping and woke up about 10 minutes after the cake had been put in the oven. Yay! Mission Accomplished.
Then on Saturday we hosted dinner at our place for my Mom's birthday. It was fun having everyone over and for us to cook for them. Happy Birthday Mom! First birthday as a grandma! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment