Oh Radical...
Last Thursday was a sad sad day for Radical when just over 120 employees got laid off. Earlier this year our parent company, Vivendi Games merged with Activision to form a new company called Activision Blizzard. The deal and all the details finally happened at the end of July and as a result Radical was told to become a 2 game studio. With an infrastructure to support 4 games teams there were some serious decisions being made to suddenly become a 2 game team. Awwwww and as a result, people lost their jobs. And those who stayed, I'm sure it's never easy seeing the empty desks and wondering how we'll bounce back. It's too bad this has all happened (and all while I'm on mat leave!). It's going to be very different when I return next year in March - I won't be seeing some co-workers any more and I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye.
Oh well, it is what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment