A visit to the Island
It seems we've had a really busy past couple of weekends, one which included our first trip to the Island with Nora. We took the 5pm ferry on Friday and finally rolled into Courtenay around 8:30pm, still enough time for the grandparents to see and play with Nora before she headed to bed.
It was a fun weekend - Uncle Grant got to meet Nora for the first time, as well as our friends Derek & Suzanne. Otherwise, we all pretty much chilled at home while the grandparents took turns holding and playing with Nora. Trav and I actually did venture on our own to the Farmer's Market without Nora. I was a little nervous (as always), especially b/c I knew that once she woke up, she'd need to feed. But Grammy said she didn't mind and had dealt with crying grandkids before... so off we went. It was the fastest farmer's market visit ever... heh heh... I'm such a worrier... I made us go through everything real quick so we were only away for half an hour... and when we came back, she had only just started to wake up. All was fine, nothing to worry about! :)
On the way there and back, it seemed that when we were about 10-15 minutes from our destination, Nora would wake up and fuss a little and just want 'out' of the car seat. So, this trip, we learnt that singing some lullabies and reciting 'Moo, Baa, La La La' over and over again helped calm her down. But it's amazing how much she'll recognize the words or the way we say things to stop crying and just listen. Now, I just have to get a few more easy books to learn so that I don't drive myself crazy with just the one!
2 comments:
I had to laugh at your fastest farmer's market trip ever. You sound just like me. 'Moo Baa LaLaLa' sounds like 'On the Farm' for us. She got sick of it after a while and we gave it break. Now it's back in the mix! Her love for it was renewed.
oh look! it's uncle grant!
Post a Comment