July 18, 2008

Sold!

I haven't posted in ages, just busy busy with so many things. But one big and major update that I finally have a tiny bit of time to post is that we're moving! It seems like it's been a bit of a whirlwind and a rather fast decision but Trav and I first considered selling our place in mid-May. By the time we made the decision to sell it was quick quick... we found a realtor, completely cleaned up the apartment to make it look bigger and neater than we've ever seen it, listed it, had a couple open houses and *poof* sold with subjects removed by end of June! Crazy!

I still can't believe we've sold our great little condo but we're also very excited to move in our new place. It's much bigger, still a 2 bedroom and den but bigger and the kitchen is big, awesome and can fit 2 people comfortably without getting in one another's way! Nice! We've decided to rent for the next little while and see where the market takes us. We figure we want to upgrade to a bigger place in the near future but not sure where and how big, so it's a good time for us to take our time and see what happens.

So now we're onto the packing stage. Our apartment is stacked with 'Moving Blocks' - reusable plastic totes which are great for moving so we don't have to find boxes. Luckily for the 'staging' part of our open houses we cleaned and purged a lot of stuff, so most of the crap is removed and it's just a matter of packing. Definitely takes a lot longer with a baby since I can only really time it when Nora goes down for a nap.

Then we move next Saturday! Pheweee - it's funny how we decide to take on huge challenges voluntarily when we already have so much on our hands. But oddly enough, I know so many couples who also made major house moves with new borns... so maybe it's just what people do.

So, it is what it is and now I'm off to pack! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I thought that was your new place for a minute! It sure looks open and airy. No wonder it sold so quickly. Good luck with the packing and moving. I wish I could help (errr...maybe not!). Hugs to all.

The Blommesteins said...

Wow, the place looks great! Putting away all the stuff sure made a big difference. Happy packing, I guess there isn't too much left!