May 03, 2008

Growing Baby...

The end of my official week on my own without any help and it wasn't too bad. I even managed to get out on my own with Nora... which might sound like a simple task but honestly a major accomplishment! Yay. I'm feeling a lot more comfortable putting on the carrier so that we can go for walks and even grocery shopping.

It's been a bit of a crazy week in terms of her sleep, eating and fussiness... I think she's going through a 'growth spurt'. They say it's usually around this time, somewhere between 4-6 weeks where babies tend to feed more and are a bit more fussy. Each day has been different... one day she'd be totally hungry and crying all the time and the next day not a peep, just feeds and then goes quietly back to sleep all day. Same as the nights - we've had on and off nights... luckily it hasn't been like 2 bad nights in a row, she's been nice enough to give us some rest! :)

On Tuesday, I made it out to Sandra's place
where Nora, Aly and Maddy got to hang out. They didn't necessarily play or even know each were in the same room but it was nice for us new moms to get together, hang out and have lunch!

Otherwise things have been pretty good. Just trying to adjust to my new life with a baby - figuring out what it takes to make her happy (milk, rocking, cuddling and fresh diapers!), while also trying to set small (really small) goals for me to do when I get some time to myself.

Check out my cute little homey gal... she's so sweet when she sleeps in the carrier.



2 comments:

The Blommesteins said...

We had a great time too. It won't be long when they'll be playing with each other. Can you imagine?!?

Cindy York said...

Word to your momma.