A full day out!
I reached a big milestone today (well, in my mind and my world, this is a big milestone)... I drove on my own with Nora to our first Mother's Unfolding class! Yay! I haven't driven a car since Nora was born so just driving felt weird. I've been quite happy in the past two months just staying locally around our area and just walking wherever we needed to go. Then whenever we did drive it was usually Trav driving with me sitting in the back to comfort Nora. So, I've been hyping it up and really stressing out about driving on my own - but I HAD to do it today otherwise there'd be no way of getting to the class. Luckily it's only on Main & 7th so it's not very far. Nora did okay and as we were getting close she started crying which got louder and harder but I kept my cool and continued on. I knew I'd soon be able to pick her up to console her so it was all good!
And then another milestone, I signed up for a post-natal mother's group. It's called 'Mother's Unfolding' which is hosted by Jennifer-Lee, the same lady who taught us for our prenatal classes. For the next 6 weeks, new moms and their babies get together to talk about different topics about motherhood, parenting, our new lives and whatever we want to talk about. It's a great way for us to meet other moms and to realize that we're not alone in what we're going through. There are 12 of us with the babies ranging from 16 days (Yah! Crazy, I couldn't believe that mom was already out and about on her own!) to 4.5 months.
It's amazing how good I felt driving out on my own and making it out to the class. It may sound easy but I tend to stress out a lot about these little easy things these days but Nora also helped me out by not fussing at all, she was such a great babe!
As if that wasn't enough, I then met up with Trav (he took today off) so that we could head to the airport to meet a couple friends while they were in transit and en-route back home to London. Had a great time catching up with them at Milestones and then we even tackled Ikea on the way home! I know... jam packed and full of progress! It's good to accomplish and do all these things b/c now I've done it and will have a bit more confidence to do it all again! :)
Phew - lots today... now I'm tired and ready for a nap! :)
1 comment:
I need a nap just reading about all that you did in one day! Congrats on driving with Nora!! Yay!
Post a Comment