Baby's Blanket
This weekend I took on my first 'sewing' project. Ever since I got a sewing machine for my birthday last year, I've been wanting to find a simple project to get me started. Well, it's taken me almost a year to figure out what to sew and physically do it... but I've finally made something! I thought I remember the days when we took Home Economics at school, we did sewing projects and it seemed easy enough, and yet somehow putting two pieces of fabric together still took me a while but in the end, I love the blanket and can't wait to see it wrapped around our little baby! I won't get too technical but here's one tip... when you sew two pieces of fabric that are of different textures, that's when you can run into a few little issues. The one side is cotton and the other is the softest, plushest material (like fleece) that goes well for baby 'stuff' and I found that sewing tension is key and that lining up the sides can be tricky... but have patience and you'll get it! Honestly, it's not that bad... I just thought it'd be be snip snip, pin pin, sew up the sides and wa la! :)
Oh, and the cute teddy bear that modeled for my picture is the best warm buddy ever! There's a pouch inside his belly (that's filled with rice) that can be heated in the microwave and then keep you warm and snug! So good for when your belly is feeling just a litttttle tight, full or big! :)

3 comments:
Yay! You used your sewing machine! Way to go, Sharon :) Pretty soon you'll be sewing everything!
Wow, I'm so proud of you. Great job
Hey!! I was just saying to Josh how having a sewing machine would be great. Congrats on your first project. I wanted to make some bibs and blankets too, but now you have me worried that it's a lot harder. I thought it would be just zip, zip zip too.
Post a Comment