Merry Christmas Everyone!
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
We had an awesome Christmas! We stayed locally in Port Moody for the past few days... laughing, cooking, eating, cleaning and repeating the cycle over and over again. It's always such fun when Steve, Cherie, Trav and I all stay over. It was quite the trek filling up the car with gifts, clothes and preparations for the meals! Our car was super full and we definitely did not have space for baby and it's gear... we'll need to make a plan for next year! :)
Trav and I made the turkey this year, and if I do say so myself... it turned out awesome! Hee hee. Everyone pitched in to make something for the meal, so I had signed up for the turkey. We got a 16.5 lb turkey which we soaked in salt water for 12 hours ahead of time... something we had read to prevent the turkey from drying out. Also, for a stocking stuffer, I received a new meat thermometer where you stick the probe in the turkey leg throughout the roast and can then watch the temperature rise as it cooks (this part of the thermometer can sit outside of the oven). Anyway, it definitely helped so that we could tell exactly when everything was ready. Yum yum. And then Cherie made the apple pie for dessert - perfect ending!
It was an extra special treat since it snowed most of the afternoon all Christmas day in Port Moody, so we got the 'White Christmas'. Cherie's dad and siblings also joined us for dinner so it was a great big gathering and a night filled with lots of boardgames and x360! Trevor and Christie received a Wii for Christmas but there was so much going on, we didn't even have time to crack it open!
Anyways, another awesome Christmas with the family and I hope you had a wonderful festive season as well.
1 comment:
What a yummy photo (oh right and you all look good too) :-p Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment