Dining Out Marathon
Wow, this week has been overkill on eating out! You can really tell that Christmas is around the corner plus there seems to be a ton of friends within our circle all celebrating birthdays! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the food, the mingling and all the new restaurants I've tried out, but I think I have to stop but the weekend is only JUST beginning... help! I can't keep using the 'eating for two' as an excuse - heh heh.
The cool part is in this past week, I have tried 6 restaurants that I've never been to before! Highlights include:
- Flite Restaurant in Yaletown - just opened in the old 'Lucky Diner' location. It was for Sandra's 30th where Trav and I shared and enjoyed yummy scallops on lobster bisque risotto cakes, together with their bruschetta. Very delish. If I were able to drink, I'd have chosen their 'flite' of white wines where they put three glasses of wine together for sampling / tasting - seems like a neat idea
- On Tuesday, I got treated to a luncheon at the Vancouver Club where they host their Christmas Buffet Lunches in the ballrooms. It was an invite from our travel agents to thank us for using them this year. It's quite the uppity place for a lunch (especially when I dress quite casual for work, so going to lunch with the suits was not quite 'my cup of tea').
- Later that night, I joined our Sr. Management team for dinner at The Shore Club on Dunsmuir. YUM YUM! I think I heard they are the same owners as Gotham Steakhouse. The food and service was excellent, similar style to Gotham where you order your entree (mainly steak or seafood) and then share side orders with everyone. Everything was so good!
- On Wednesday, I got to check out Transcontinental, a new restaurant that's attached to Waterfront Station (same owners as Steamworks). I had their Halibut burger which was really yummy. Unfortunately, as I was trying to get into the booth, I was putting my weight on my hand to get inside and didn't see chunks of broken glass on the seat! So, I ended up getting cut by a piece of glass that had apparently fell in between the seats when one of their picture frames had broken. I got it cleaned up and was given a band aid. They ended up comping my meal which was really nice of them but at the time of the bill they hadn't mentioned they comped the meal, so when we returned back to the office and people heard I got cut, they were outraged that the restaurant didn't even do anything to acknowledge the incident. I'm not one to really go out and write complaint letters so a co-worker had even drafted one up for me to send out. I don't feel comfortable in those situations, beside, my hand was totally fine - just a cut. Anyway, turns out, I finally took a look at the receipt from my boss and there ya go, a comped meal! Too bad they didn't bring it up or highlight they did that for us, got people all roweled up! Heh heh... but anyway, nice of them to do that.
- Phew... and we're here at today. Today was our team luncheon. We ate greek food at Bouzyos on Commercial Drive and then headed off for some 5 pin 'glow in the dark' bowling (at least I'm getting some exercise in between all this eating, ha ha). Then tonight, Trav's dad and stepmom were in town so we just came back from dinner with them at La Bodega for some tapas. The beef short ribs were really really good! :)
Phew, I'm tired... just need some tea to wind down (hmmm maybe some baked goods will go well with that... no, muuuuuuusssst resist!)
3 comments:
geez, you don't have luck with the steamworks ownership group do you, between getting cut and getting a tray of drinks poured on you that one time...
heh heh, yeah... don't even get me started about that incident! :)
I say use the 'eating for two' excuse all you can!! Sounds like a great week to me.
Post a Comment