07.07.07
Love the numbers... 07/07/07...
Today is Live Earth where there were concerts around the world, over 7 continents for 24 hours. The main goal was to bring out more awareness of global warming. It was broadcast on TV and I'm not sure if you managed to catch it or not, but it was really awesome to watch! The main concerts were in New York, London, Johannesburg, Rio de Janiero, Shanghai, Tokyo, Sydney and Hamburg. During ad breaks they'd provide tips on how to become more green and what you can do to make a difference for the world.
I would have just LOVED to have gone to the London show - they had some great bands, including Madonna, Black Eyed Peas, Snow Patrol, Beastie Boys, Metallica, Duran Duran, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and more. Plus Wimbeldon just wrapped in London too... wow, tons of stuff going on over there!! Maybe I'll try to plan a trip around this all next year! :)
Anyway, it was really fun to watch, hope you got to catch some of it too... if not, I think they have coverage of the events on their website.
(I'll post about our trip to Vernon soon!)
No comments:
Post a Comment