Homemade Granola
I don't often post recipes and such but I thought that seeing as I took pictures while I made some home made granola, I may as well post about it! I've been making granola for a few months now especially b/c it's so easy to make and buying the ingredients in bulk always tends to have extra for the next batch!
I got the recipe somewhere online but it was a mix between two granola's, so it's bit of a mish mash... plus it's really flexible on what type of stuff to put in it.. so here's my version.
Ingredients:
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup slivered almonds (you could put chopped walnuts instead)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
sesame seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
dried cranberries, raisins, and my favourite... dried apple niblets (found at the local farmer's market)
- Preheat oven to 300F
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together (everything except the butter, honey, and dried fruit additions).
- In a seperate bowl, mix melted butter and honey together. Add to the dry mixture and toss until all mixed together. Spread evenly on a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Bake the granola for 40 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes to keep mixture from sticking
- Let it cool completely. Then stir in your cranberries, raisins and dried apple niblets

I usually have plain yogurt with my granola every morning, sometimes adding fresh strawberries or bananas. Mmmm mmmm, having a bowl right now! :)
Also, with the farmers market now on every Saturday, you can go and buy these dried apple niblets that you can add to the granola... they're crunchy so they add to the texture.
So, there ya go... a recipe from me!
No comments:
Post a Comment