Mmm Mmm Apple Pie!
Yesterday I attempted to make my first homemade apple pie! It's always been on my to do list and seeing as it was Mother's Day yesterday, it was the perfect excuse to try it out! Pastry always seems like such a daunting process especially because there are many ways to not get it right. Anyway, thanks to the wisdom of my 'Baking Illustrated' recipe book - they've done all their tests and suggested the best methods.
At the end of it, I was pretty happy with the turnout! Trav also helped me out a lot, mainly to calm me down - I felt like I was very frantic during the whole process... there are a lot of little steps and you want to try and work quickly so that the apples don't go brown and the pastry doesn't go too soft... all in all, it was a very yummy ending to a delicious west coast seafood dinner!
It's a little belated but to all the moms out there... hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! And to Neesja... Happy Birthday for today!
No comments:
Post a Comment