Sevilla Sevilla
Today is our last day in Spain... what? Already! Time sure flies when you´re having fun. Sevilla has been great - it´s filled with some really cool buildings, quaint little plaza´s filled with restaurants and side streets, very cool atmosphere. Unfortunately, most of the centre is under construction as they build a new metro system within the city (I think it´ll be a tram system, versus a tube underground system). So, with all the construction, there is a lot of noise, diggings, dust and diversions. But that doesn´t bother us too much!
Granada and Sevilla are quite different. I´m glad we made the stop into Granada (originally it was to spend more time in Sevilla). Granada has more of an islamic influence which have cool teteria´s (tea houses), kebabs (or delicious shwarma´s), and side markets.
Pity the computer I´m using has no access to a usb port, so I can´t really post pictures, but we´ll be back in London tomorrow, so I´ll have some time to post a few. (I´ll leave it for tomorrow to tell you more about our search for ´chocolates con churros´!)
While I´m here, I thought I would post a few ´tips´on what we´ve learnt today:
- If a cafe doesn´t have a menu, ask for the price of your bocadillo (small snack / sandwhich) when you order, else you´ll be quite surprised to hear your little ham and cheese sandwich just cost you 5.50 euro´s! And you know that if you waited just a little longer, you´d find the place you went to the other day for just 1 euro per bocadillo!
- Also, don´t always trust the Lonely Planet... they´ll lead you to places that sell boccadillo´s for 5.50 euro´s! :)
- We learnt this a couple days ago, don´t accept any herbs from old ladies, they´ll tell you that you´re smart, with a great future, and then take whatever change you have in your hand..tsk tsk.
Ok, adios for now, next post will probably be from London.
1 comment:
Oh I love chocolate churros! We had some in Lima...sounds like you are having a great vacation!
Post a Comment